Monday, July 9, 2012

"burn the streets, burn the cars"

I'm still searching for a car. The great debate is whether I should settle and buy a car "in my budget" or stand firm and get the car I want. Biggest problem? Yeah, that would be money obviously. I've been looking on Craigslist and I've been to CarMax a few times. But I just can't get the idea out of my mind that I should get exactly what I want. 

So, I don't have $10,000 to spend on a car. That's what a car note is for! Banks finance these things, so why can't I just jump into debt and get a really pretty Toyota Camry or Nissan Altima? That's all I want really. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this car for less than $10,000. But I am going to a car auction tomorrow and I can only pray to Lord Jesus that I find my car there. Just waiting for me. Saying sweet things into the air, asking me to drive him home. But if I really look at my finances, I have about $5000 to spend on a car right now. SO if I can't find my car at the auction tomorrow, I'm going to have to say screw it and get a car note. 

However, if spend $10,000 on a car, I'm definitely going to have to get full coverage insurance and not the nonsense liability insurance I had before. I think a 2007 Camry or 2005 Altima is certainly going to warrant some serious insurance. Unfortunately, that just hikes up the price of my car some more. UGH!  

Honestly I just want a car that will last me the next 5 to 10 years. That's normal, right? I figure cars should last at LEAST that amount. 


I guess I should really think about just getting whatever I can get for now, because I really need a car to get to work. I just don't want to have to save up money again later to buy the car I really want. 

3 comments:

ArtsySisters said...

Great post! I know exactly how you feel on this one - truth is, in the end, you'll know your car when you meet it! Thots.... Tobi
*Checking in from 20sb

Sage said...

Thanks, and i totally think you're right about that because I think I just met my car! But fingers crossed, I'll know by the end of next week.
~Sage

Cas said...

A car loan is not bad. I wrecked my previous car (a brand new one) in 2009 and got another one shortly after. I'd rather have a nice, new, and pretty car than inherit somebody else's problems. It also shows financial responsibility.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...