Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"find light in the beautiful sea, i choose to be happy"

Well hello there New Year!

Usually I am mighty excited about new years and I could go on and on about some fresh start and getting my life together and going after what I want and being a new person and all my goals and blah blah blah. But this year I've had an epiphany. Yes everyone, I have realized something very important and vital about new years: they lie.

A new year promises to be filled with unexplored adventures, undiscovered dreams and unrealized potential. But by February I can't even remember what my New Years Resolutions were. All that joyous expectation I had for the year eventually dies out about 4 weeks in and then what am I supposed to do with the other 48 weeks in the year?

So this year I've decided to do something different. I've made no new years resolutions, instead I made a January Resolution. I've simply crafted a list of things I would like to accomplish in January. By reducing my "year" down to a month, I can make sure every month of the year I am accomplishing my goals.

So without further ado, here are my January Resolutions:

January Resolutions
1. Pick and read one inspirational book
2. Work out every morning
3. Write a blog post twice a week
4. Apply to 4 jobs a week
5. Save up $1000 in a "rainy day" account

I figure that's simple enough to start out with, right?

On another note, unfortunately I did not get the job I applied to at my old high school. After a rigorous interviewing process, they chose someone else. So I guess I'll be living in good old Atlanta for a little bit longer... No worries, I can handle that. I know good things are coming soon for me.

But I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years partying, drinking, and bonding with family and friends. I sure did!

4 comments:

Ashley Lorelle said...

I like the idea of making monthly resolutions. It keeps things simple and keeps you on track of your goals.

Sage said...

Yeah, I figured that would be a lot easier than a list for the whole year.

Unknown said...

I love this idea!! Good luck!

Sage said...

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...