Saturday, November 14, 2009

there's always room for improvement

I don't know how I do it, but somehow I got every professor to waive the pre-reqs for me to take their classes. I haven't been so excited for a semester to come since freshman year of college.

Next semester I'm taking a sociology course (my first), a poetry class (perfect, as long as it does get full before I can register), some stupid science class (that's what I get for putting it off), and a clinical law class. Ok so it doesn't sound so exciting after writing it all out... but if I ignore every class except poetry, then I'm hella excited!

By now we should all be well aware of how much I love poetry, and how much I suck at it. But I've been writing for a long time so I'm pretty excited to actually take a class that can teach me how to write better.


The professor asked my why I wanted to take poetry and I responded with my usual reply of "I have a passion for language and art..." and then continued to explain like I always do people when they ask me why I like poetry or advertising. He of course understood and said he hoped to I would learn to think of language itself as art. I would have replied that I already do, but he had let me in the class so I decided to stop emailing him. Don't want to annoy the professor with too many emails so early.

I will be posting more poetry on my blog since I checked and realized I only have 6 posts about poetry (7 if you count this one) so far. Perhaps you can all watch me get better and see my writing change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...